E46 325i (compact) Heater display not working (blower not working initially)

Thread: E46 325i (compact) Heater display not working (blower not working initially)

Reply to Thread
  1. E46 325i (compact) Heater display not working (blower not working initially) 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    slowentes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ti compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

In my E46 325i compact, the blower suddenly stopped working today.
    The display was initially working fine with all the lights for the cc working and noises happening when changing the blower to windscreen, footwell etc.

There was just no air coming out and no blower motor noise.

I checked the fuses for all the relevant components (air con, heater, blower etc) and they were all fine.

However, when I then turned the car on after checking the fuses, the entire heater display has now stopped working!! It is as though there is no power now getting to it.

I have triple checked all the fuses with a meter and they are fine and they are all in the same slots as they were initially. (Just in case I'm going mad)

Just nothing on the display for the whole of this panel.

This lead me to believe there may be a dodgy connection at the back of the fuse box in the glove box that I have removed so I removed the glove box and checked - everything seems fine.

Anyone experienced something similar?
    Seems to be something to do with checking the fuses and putting them back in that has caused it.

The underlying problem of the blower not working initially is also an issue but I would just (potentially the final stage unit/resistor according to many forum posts).

However, I need power back to the unit to then test/replace this ....

Thoughts please?!

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Be worth removing the control panel and checking the connections are all good on the rear of the unit.