320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi

new to this forum so hello to you all. We have a few issues with my wife's car and would like some advice please.
    The aircon and heating has been temperamental to say the least for years but recently we've been having battery drain problems which have been resolved by the local BMW dealer who has taken off the aircon belt and disconnected the burnt out aux heater. They want somewhere in the region of £300 to replace the heater which may or may not make it all work again, plus a yet unknown figure to sort out the aircon. Has anyone else experienced this sort of failure? if so have you cured it? I don't want to throw stupid money at a car that's only worth £2K.
    Any help appreciated

Stewart

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Can you elaborate further on what happens with your AC Stewart? Hot? Cold? Blower speed? Heat distribution? etc...

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    sotgn's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    Can you elaborate further on what happens with your AC Stewart? Hot? Cold? Blower speed? Heat distribution? etc...
    Hi

it is as if the system has a mind of it's own.. If you select the fast screen clear sometimes nothing happens for 10 mins and then it comes on full force for 30 minutes and won't respond to any controls. The display shows the fan speed increase but it's lying. The aircon belt and then the aux heater were disconnected to get around the battery drain issue. I'll play around tonight when I get home and try to be more specific although I'm not sure how much of this is still functioning. Don't know if it's related but apparantly the CD head unit has now died, before it displayed blocks of amber but still worked. Sorry for the lack of clear info but it's my wife's car and not one I drive daily

thanks

update

tried tonight and as before no response to increasing fan speed or selecting rapid screen clear. Display changes but nothing happens. I have no idea of the set up of the air con and heating on the car but the air con belt was removed because a motor seizing. I don't know if this was the air con pump or something else but I'm guessing it is not the motor that the BMW garage then disconnected which they refer to as the aux heater. We really need to sell this car asap so don't want to throw a lot of money at it, but any suggestions are moe than welcome.

cheers
    Last edited by sotgn; 20-02-2009 at 20:48. Reason: updated testing

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    It sounds like the Final stage unit if the blower has a mind of its own, common problem on e46s

http://www.c3bmw.co.uk/StockItem.asp...&Item=unassign