Model of Car:
    735i sport e38
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi guys I'm new here, and I'm very sorry if this is a repost but I'm at work and don't really have the time to search for the post I need, I recently purchased a stunning 2000 535i sport with the msport pack, anyway the chap had replaced the lcm due to the HID lighting kit or something like that, I'm just wondering now that it has the little dot by the mileage is there anyway to remove this as i am new to beemers and don't know much about them, oh and also I have a (check tail lights) warning although all of the bulbs work fine and also sometimes (check low beam lights), could this all be tied in to the Lcm. I did a full hpi check and it has full service history so I know the mileage is correct, Many thanks in advance for any light shed on this subject

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    colin.ab's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

You are correct in that the tamper dot has been set, as the mileage is stored on the cluster, immobiliser and LCM. If one of those does not read the same then the tamper dot lights up on the instrument cluster

I assume you have checked the lights are all working and that the check control is flagging these up as perhaps the previous owner has fitted non standard bulbs to the car. All of he light checking is driven by the LCM. All of this is fixable but you need the right software to do this with. BMW Carsoft is a software package which is available to purchase from the web. It should sort all of this out. If you are unsure or not confident doing all of this your self, you may like to PM and I could do this for you.