OK i researched this job a million times and finally got around to doing it. but as expected im encountering issues. my car is a 96 320 cabrio and it does not have factory cruise so i will have to source the parts so im leaving that for now. firstly i fitted the wheel as per wiring diagram and swapped the 1 and 6 cables to make the horn work properly and connected the purple wire to power that leaves me with the blue one and the white one. i believ the white one controls the steeringf buttons which is what im trying to make work.

also two things to note on my car is firstly i dont have a BMW HU but an Alpine 133 bt HU, and secondly the previous owner must have cut the original radio loom so i had to rewire it with an ISO block.
I believe the yellow cable that im left with would be the one which was wired into the BMW unit to control the radio by MFSW by IBUS?

So what i did was i purchase An alpine pc -99 adapter and the relevant leads
Autoleads Vehicle Interface BMW Mini (3 Spoke Steering Wheel) [Autoleads PC99-X21] - £40.00 : Car Audio 4 Less, Car Audio System .
as i did not have the facory harness i could not use that lead so i used just the black box which is the patch lead for alpine radios and connected the 3.5 jack behind the headunit and powered it and earth it that left me with one red/white cable which obviouly went to steering part of the car. i tried to connect that to the yellow cable but nothing happened .

after some research on autoleads website i seen that there are two different patch leads avaialble for BMW and i probbaly have the wrong one as the pc 99 works over can bus,van bus and resisitive.

but on thre other hand the pc 910 workes ober an I bus as you can see in auto leads description from their site

[B]PC 99:
These looms enable the use of existing OEM steering wheel controls with an aftermarket head unit. The vehicles that are covered in this range are RESISTIVE, VAN-BUS and CAN-BUS protocols.
On the CAN-BUS vehicles the module will produce an ignition supply from our loom. These will connect to the following makes of head unit:

ALPINE BLAUPUNKT CLARION JVC
KENWOOD MUTANT SONY

PC 910:
This is a range of connectivity products to allow data to be taken from a internal BUS system of the vehicle to allow you to utilise the following information:
• Hand brake ground trigger (for use with in car DVD, up front screen solutions)
• Reverse gear trigger (for use with rear view camera solutions)
• Speed sense (for use with some navigation devices)
• Ignition sense (for use with vehicles such as CAN/MOST with no ignition supply at head unit)
• Telemute input (a trigger which will mute the audio from the head unit/amplifier)
• Steering wheel controls (to use existing OEM steering wheel controls with an aftermarket head unit)
These will connect to the following makes of head unit:

KENWOOD PANASONIC PIONEER

PC 911:
These looms enable the use of existing OEM steering wheel controls with a aftermarket head unit. This just covers CAN-BUS on the 05> Renault range with the ‘UPDATE LIST’ head unit.
This range will add the manufactures identity onto the display on the vehicle. These will connect to the following makes of head unit.

KENWOOD PANASONIC PIONEER SONY

Special Note:
Stalk Adaptors and CAN BUS interfaces ,require BOTH a vehicle specific AND Head Unit Specific lead.

[/B]

so basically my two questions are firtly is may wheel wired correctly ? and secondly do i need the pc 910 alpine mfsw adapter tomake this work and would i run the white cable from the wheel to the alpine adapter?

thanks