BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E36 M3 Interior and Exterior lighting questions...

990 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  EstorilM3 
#1 ·
Evening chaps,

Ive not long bought my dads E36 M3 Evolution from him as he hasnt driven it in a long long time (my mum used to use it as a daily driver for a while) so now is time to sort out a couple of problems that it has!

The first is a lighting problem with the passenger front footwell light. It works in reverse! I.e. it is off when the others are on and on when the others are off. It doesnt dim on or off like the others and it will only be on if the ignition is on.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it? Ive tried searching but all I can find is information on how to add footwell lights.

My second question isnt about a problem, but is regarding angel eyes. Im trying to find a set for the M3 that look as much as possible like the standard BMW ones. I.e. yellow light and not stupidly bright. Searching brings me back to CCFL everytime! Does such a thing exist?

Any help much appreciated.

John

See less See more
#2 ·
Search for the Hella angel eye units. Euro car parts used to do them and this is where I bought my first set a fair few years back:thumbsup

What's the reason for not wanting a bright light:confused This seems to be the way forward in my opinion. I know if I had the choice I would much rather prefer the brighter ones than the Hella ones:hihi

#3 ·
Thanks for the input mate, will check them out.

In all honesty, im not a massive fan of the LED/CCFL type angel eyes. No offence to anyone who has them, but I think they look like theyre aftermarket, whereas the original BMW ones look like they should be there. If that makes sense?! My parents E39 looks great I think with the bluish tint coming from the projectors surrounded by the yellowish angel eyes :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.