e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Please can someone help me,

Recently ive been having problems with my pinch mode on both doors(e36 coupe 99 plate 323),When we had the cold spell the pinch mode both sides stopped working. and ive tried various things and nothing seems to help, but every now and then whilst driving they will start to go up and down a few times then stop, which made me think that it is a loose connection.

I stripped the boot outer loom and found about 6 wires had been damaged and i soldered them up, and they seem fine.

But today i decided to remove the door panel and see if there was anything loose, and i couldnt see anything, so like a fool i then removed the bottom connector plug on the window motor, and began to lower the window fully down, and when i put the plug back in the window is stuck at the bottom, when you press up or down on the window switch, you can hear the motor trying to move, but nothing happens. Prior to me doing this i had no problem with the window going up or down at all.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Carl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    davo3587's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Managed to rig up 2 wires and a spare car battery, and bypassed the plug and direct to the motor, and the window went back up. Re connected plug and window goes up and down like before, minus the pinch mode

Is it fair to say both micro switches need replacing. One other thing, i have no power to passenger side central locking, i can lock all doors via d/s, but if i go to open p/s door, the p/s door only unlocks and nothing else. Checked fuses and none seem to have blown, just wanted some advice regarding this issue before i get 2 micro switches.