Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi guys, I recently bought a '99 e36 318is coupe in very good condition. There is one little fault that is bugging me. It is central locking related and I will try my best to describe the issue.
    So,on my car........

*USING THE KEY IN THE DRIVERS DOOR WILL LOCK AND UNLOCK THE DRIVERS DOOR AND BOOT BUT NOT THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR*

*USING THE KEY IN THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR WILL LOCK AND UNLOCK THE PASSENGER DOOR, DRIVERS DOOR AND THE BOOT*

LOCKING THE CAR FROM THE INSIDE GIVES THE SAME RESULTS.

THE KEY TURNS EASILY IN BOTH LOCKS BUT IT SEEMS THERE IS A FAULT SOMEWHERE WHEN TRYING TO UNLOCK ALL 3 DOORS FROM THE DRIVERS SIDE.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. I have the same..... plus! 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    beammeupscotty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi Boston. I had exactly the same fault. Take a look at my post (1996 316i Auto saloon with no os tail light no lights on alarm) on 5th March. Had car for 2 years and all ok. Then the C/Locking did same as yours. Didn’t think too much about it as it was something I thought I could look at later. Big mistake! Then a few days later! (see post). It took me 2 days to find what had caused the main problem and that was a real mess of broken wires in the boot lid. Pull that rubber bung out (the one in the lid) and check to see if you have any frayed or broken wires. I reconnect them and all was fine! But! When I came out next morning the battery was flat and it now seems as though I have a problem where something is draining the battery. I think it may be a (down to ground) problem as the white and black wires that go to the number plate lights show a reading to ground and yet they are on the live side?

This maybe of help to you in that you find your fault before you end up like me. Good luck!

Sam.