BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 328i coupe ews fault plzzz help

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  billywhizz1984 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 95 e36 coupe and the ews module is letting power into the unit but not out. So i have ordered a new one, it'll b here on tues. although bmw hav said that it needs programmed into my car. I really dnt fancy paying £115:jaw-dropping to get it done. Is there any other way round this? also they said there is no guarentee that it will cure the non start prob?????

#3 ·
So does it need to get done by bmw themselves or can i go to someone with the rite equip? I dnt hav a key fob for the car either. I was told by the guy who has the car just now that i had to atke the new ews module to him first b4 it goes to bmw bcoz sometimes if you plug it in, it may work/start??

Thanks

#4 ·
Anyone with decent diagnostic kit can do it. It's a case of plugging it in, then telling it to grab the code from the ECU.
On a box swap, you'll also need to have all your keys ready, as it will need to take each of the key codes from a chip in the key.
It is possible that BMW have sent it out with the keys already programmed into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.