528i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi all,

I have an intermitant fault with the climate control panel, it all lights up fine but from time to times it doesn't matter what button you press nothing works even though all the lights and display tell you otherwise. It's like you press the button and the signals are not going though, I'm guessing it's just the panel that's starting to break becasue when I loose the ability to alter air flow ect ect ect, the heater rear window stops working too as this in on the same panel.
    I've tested the relay for the Heated Rear window and FSU isn't the issue.

Are there anyother components for the climate control hiding in the bowels of the car, say for example some relays on the bulk head that could be getting wet if I have a leek in the windscreen I dont know about.

I read all the car's code and nothing came back relating the HVAC, only codes I received were for a knacked bulb, occupancy sensor and a freez frame which was showing CO2 readings - likely due to it's getting close to a service.

Thanks for reading

ps The car is a e39 528i 2000

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    RUDDO87's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    1 series
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MT
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Did you get this problem sorted mate ? i have a simlar problem with my 1 series e87, my AC vents dont move, no matter what button i press nothing happens..

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Karlos75's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Good evening,

Yes ths problem is now fixed, Ive swapped the whole panel took about 10 mins to do and its fine. If yours is like mine the panel would give you the impression that it working fine but if you pressed anything nothing was happening. The fsu after checking wiring is just a plain and simple fan motor relay. It does recvive signals from the climate panel to alter the fan speed, I paid £20 for the panel I wouldn't pay much more. You might need to have yours coded if my car was newer Id have had to use the software to code it.
    Hope that helps