E46 330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Images
    Thanks
    I wanted the angel eyes on my 5 series to come on when I unlocked the car, but didn't fancy the DIY method posted somewhere on the forums.

So I found the eLight module and emailed them to ask if it could do this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

ah ok. But then you mean the front parking lights, this are the angel eyes.
    Anyway, you can use your angel eyes as Welcome light. The goes on if you unlock your car. You can also use the angel eyes as daytime running lights. Then these lights will stay on the hole time when the engine is running.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok that sounds perfect, which of the kits have these features?

Thanks,

Hello,

you can realize this with every eLight module. Please check out our eLight modules and the additional features, which is the best for you.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

Cool thanks! I ordered the standard version. It won’t cause any OBC errors with the car will it?

Hello,

thank you for your order. The module dont make any errors at your car.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

So from this conversation I think it was pretty obvious that I wanted it to make the angel eyes come on when I unlocked the car and stay on while driving. They told me this was possible with all versions of the eLight module, so I ordered the standard version.

Then when it arrived I discovered it only has a serial (RS232) interface, which is a bit rubbish considering most modern computers don't have this interface anymore so I had to run out to Maplin and buy an adapter. Managed to get the software installed and started up, and then discovered that it wasn't possible to set the parking lights (angel eyes) as daytime running lights. There was an option in the software but it was greyed out and unavailable. So I contacted them again:

Hi there,

Please could you tell me how to set the parking lights (angel eyes) as daytime running lights? When I connect to the module and go to configuration, there is an option for “parking lights as daytime running lights” but it’s not available. The only option available is the one underneath - “Daytime running lights over front fog lights”, not sure what this means.

Thanks,

Hello,

you must read out the module type first. Then you can select all options. Go to the Menu Bar and click on "Info" then on "Readout module type".
    After thsi you can go to the Configuration an you can select the front parking lights as daytime running lieghts.
    The other option is the fog lights, you can use them as daytime running lights too.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

Hi,

This is exactly what I did, but only the fog light option is available.

Hello,

ah ok. If you have a eLight standard or deluxe module, then the option is not possible. The daytime running lights with the parking lights working only at the eLight comfort, professional, enterprise or ultimate module.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

But you told me previously that it was possible with all of them..

(pasted previous conversation in)

Hello,

I only told you that you can use the front fog lights as daytime running lights. I dont told you with what module.
    I understand you that the most important thing is that the parking lights comes on if you open your car.
    You havent ask me if the option daytime running lights possible at all modules.

Kind regards

Marc Scherer

Did you read the thread of our previous conversation? You very clearly said:

"You can also use the angel eyes as daytime running lights. Then these lights will stay on the hole time when the engine is running".

Then I asked which modules I could do this with, and you replied with:

"you can realize this with every eLight module".

So what you told me was obviously untrue.

Anyway, it obviously doesn't do what you said it does so please tell me how to return it for a refund. I am quite annoyed that I now have to pay return postage to Europe because you gave me false information.

At this point he stopped replying. It was only when I opened a paypal dispute that I managed to get a response from them and an agreement to cancel the transaction once I'd returned the item. I also told them I wanted a refund for my return postage, and got an "Ok!" reply back from them but of course they didn't actually refund this so I'm out £8.80 postage and about £20 for a usb to serial adapter.

Overall a pretty terrible experience, either they were deliberately misleading me or don't know their own product well enough to tell people what it can do.

Also the clips that came with the unit look like they could easily cut through the wires rather than attach to them securely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    negev's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Images
    Thanks
    To their credit they have just refunded the postage, but only after I requested the money with a paypal invoice.

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    If you had bought ordinary angel eye rings then you could have got the relay loom which acts as the trigger for lighting up with unlock
    and also drl.