Model of Car:
    x5 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    3.0 diesel
    Car Body Type:
    estate

Thanks
    i have recently had an electrical problem with my bmw x5. i got up one morning to find my car battary was completly dead, to which i jump started and tested the battary which was faulty, so i cahnged the battary and things were all good. lefted the car on the drive over night, once again got up in the morning to find my battary my battary was completly dead. ive checked the autonater and that is fine, i think somethink is draining the battary while the car is turned off, any ideas? not really sure where to start with this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    simsy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    I use a dc current clamp meter on the whole battery connection, which should see the current. Pull fuses one at a time until I see the current drop. This should identify the circuit that is drawing current when switched off...

Modern cars pull I bit of current for short times, even when off....... egr... ecu... etc can pull current for a few minutes even when switched off...

What year is the X5, as some times the battery needs 'programming ' into the car....

DC clamp meters are not standard, most are AC and no use.... I have one, but I am an eleci...