Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi Guys.

I own a 730d Sport 2007/57 model.
    As a late production run car for that shape, touch wood i have had NO issues with the car mechanically or technically since i bought it as an ex demo in 2008 from Guildford Barons Bmw.

We run a chauffeur company and the car is used locally in Birmingham for higher class clients.

A few weeks ago, i noticed when having the radio on normal volume in normal driving conditions the sound on the stereo would suddenly go all 'Bass'ey' and very loud, and then it would cut out completely and be completely basic sound, and then kick back into the being too bass'ey and then after a while would go back to 'normal'... I put it down to maybe the system having a bit of a moment, and ignored it.

This has been happening the past 3 weeks now, and two of my other drivers have reported this too.

I therefore booked the car into Bmw Sytner Birmingham and as it's under warranty they said, no probs we'll have it in for some tests.

They took the car for the whole day on weds and basically rang me up at 4.30pm and said come and get it, we can't fault the system. So i thought fair enough, and though at least it's been 'reset' and the system will hopefully be better.

I have just driven to London and back, and i can now confidently say, this is not fixed and it's actually got worse and is now driving me crazy!!
    We own, Merc S Class 2007 with Harmon Kardon (broken DVD changer!) and an Audi A8 with Bose which is all working correctly (at the moment), and i have to say the Bmw's logic 7 is absolutely fantastic and clearly the best system out of all 3.. i truely enjoy my music and this feature is one of the best things about the car in my view..

So i am really annoyed and very stressed out now, don't know why.
    The service lady at Birmingham Sytner was very dismissive, and actually told me it was probably due to one of the CD's in the changer being a 'home burned' Cd and to not use them, i said i didn't know how that would effect the speakers but still, i said fair do's and walked away with the advice.

I have reset the settings on the system, turned the logic 7 all the way down and also the speed sensitive function, so as to have the system in as close to manual mode as possible, and it's still doing it!!!

Has anyone else suffered similar issues, or does anyone have any technical bulletins about this, as i want as much ammo as possible before i go back to them. I can become one of the worlds most annoying people if i don't get the service i have paid for and i am not shy about using info i have got myself from forums and educating them for future clients.

As the 7 has lost so much money, more so then both of the other cars, we are going to have to keep this for another 1-2 years, and whilst it is under warranty i want to get this fixed. Up until this point the car has performed perfectly with no faults, but i have a very bad feeling that this issue may be beyond the local service team, so i am likely to be fobbed off with this...

Look forward to hearing any previous experiences/info anyone can share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Did the dealers read the fault codes for the stereo do you know?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    kam100's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    730d Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi Ronnie.

No the car was producing no fault codes.
    Events have gone as follows:
    Back into Bmw Birmingham for another check = no fault found, system reset and sent on my way.

Back in again, for a weekend - take home road test (courtesy car supplied).
    The driver heard the noise, but still no fault codes, so technical guy brought in who did a 'system' reset and i was sent on my way.

After phoning customer services up, they said this would be honoured if it got any worse after expiry of the warranty in sept 10. I was told to go back to Bham and basically persist. I did this, and they offered me a technical service manager to refer to. I passed this info on. Left the car over a week, and they folded. New Logic AMP fitted at cost of £780 odd + Fitting + VAT, and all under warranty.

Got car back, and i am delighted. System is like new as expected. Very crisp and back to how it was before. I am enjoying my music a lot again now!!