BMW X5 3.0 Diesel - Self Leveling Problem after front end being on jacks

Notices

Thread: BMW X5 3.0 Diesel - Self Leveling Problem after front end being on jacks

Reply to Thread
  1. BMW X5 3.0 Diesel - Self Leveling Problem after front end being on jacks 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    dmvfife's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 3.0 Diesel
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Estate

Thanks
    I wonder if anyone can shed some light on what to try.

I have a BMW X5 3.0 litre diesel automatic 2002 52. The turbo went on it (uncommon I know, just our luck) so it was up on jacks in the garage whilst it got worked on. This took maybe a week to get replacement parts etc and get it all fitted. During that time, the back has obviously self levelled to match the front (not when we were there) and now that the front has been lowered again and brought out of the garage we can't get the back to come back down to match the front.

We have disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and reconnected as per someone else's thread but this just brought on every light on the dash and limp mode etc without resetting the self level settings, not the best outcome! We can reset the lights once we get our launch system fixed so that part shouldnt' be too much of a problem.

Next plan of action is to check the fuses in the boot because the transmission is now in failsafe mode hence we can't drive the car to give it a good belt along the road to clear its lungs from the turbo fix.

Can anyone tell me the 'general' things to check for this and if they should be done in any specific order?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    gunslinger1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    company car
    Year of Manufacture:
    company car
    Transmission Type:
    company car
    Car Body Type:
    company car

Thanks
    first off , BMW recomend a 30 min battery reset and not 15 . but this was never going to fix your problem , second have you dammaged the front ride hight sensor on the off side front bottom are or have you dammaged the wires ? . third because you done a battery reset the steering angle sensor might have lost its values , trying starting the engine and turn the steering wheel to the left lock , and then across to the right lock , this should put out the warning lamp on the DSC/g box