BMW M3 3.2 E46 Convertible Roof Issue.

Notices

Thread: BMW M3 3.2 E46 Convertible Roof Issue.

Reply to Thread
  1. BMW M3 3.2 E46 Convertible Roof Issue. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Dj_Clubber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Convertible
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi All

Right I have a problem which I would like any advice if possible.

My roof will not open at all. Normally, the sequence is that the windows drop around 4" and the roof goes down using the pump at the rear of the car. Last year, the pump broke but the windows still came down as to show the roof would open.

This time, the roof does not show any signs of life at all. I press the switch and the light on the switch illuminates but no action anywhere else and this includes the windows. The switch to open the roof is pressed and nothing happens. Just the light on the switch.

I am unsure what really I should be testing and where to start.

I have checked every fuse in the fuse box, disconnected the battery for around 1hr and when I reconnected, the roof light was flashing alternate red but after a period of time, went off. Back to just press switch and light comes on and no roof or window action. Pretty stumped as at the moment, the cost of the re mot was a lot of money. Would like to try and solve the roof issue myself if possible. It was working last summer without fault and after the new pump was installed.

I am pretty confident it is not the pump as I would at least get the sequence for the windows to go down first then the roof does open. As said, no sequence what so ever. Have checked all fuses in the fuse box under the passenger glove compartment. Not sure of any others to check if any.

Help me pls. Cheers All...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    xr2wishy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    cabriolet

Thanks
    have you made sure the boot compartment has been dropped to allow the roof to be stowed in the boot?
    through winter i have put mine up as i didn't need the roof down, but wanted some extra space in the boot.