BMW E53 3.0D Sport Exclusive Edition, Bluetooth 4 digit pairing code

Notices
 

Thread: BMW E53 3.0D Sport Exclusive Edition, Bluetooth 4 digit pairing code

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. BMW E53 3.0D Sport Exclusive Edition, Bluetooth 4 digit pairing code 
    #1
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ALLYGT4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 E53 3.0 Sport Exclusive Edition
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    ALLYGT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington Tyne&Wear
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Unfortunately the card is missing from the communications pack with the 4 digit pairing code. Is there any way I can obtain this code rather than pay main dealer £80 to put the car on the diagnostics as they say that is the only way.
    Is there any scanners out there I could get to do this and be useful for future code reading and engaging software in the ECU such as auxiliary heater etc.
    Last edited by ALLYGT4; 04-01-2012 at 21:57.
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    petrolmarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,213
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 438 Times in 377 Posts
    The four digit pairing code is whatever you want it to be, as long as the phone and car are the same, 0000 or 1234 etc. If you mean the radio unlock code that's a different matter and probably only BMW will be able to give it to you.
     
     

  4.  
    #3
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ALLYGT4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 E53 3.0 Sport Exclusive Edition
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    ALLYGT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington Tyne&Wear
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolmarty View Post
    The four digit pairing code is whatever you want it to be, as long as the phone and car are the same, 0000 or 1234 etc. If you mean the radio unlock code that's a different matter and probably only BMW will be able to give it to you.
    Cheers for that, wasn't sure as there was a card in the communications pack with my 320d M SPORT that had a 4 digit pairing code for the Blue tooth. So will any 4 digit number do.
     
     

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6.  
    #4
    Diamond BFuk Member
    Car Details
    petrolmarty's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006 December
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    petrolmarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,213
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 438 Times in 377 Posts
    Yes as long as the numbers are the same it should accept the pairing.
     
     

  7.  
    #5
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ALLYGT4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 E53 3.0 Sport Exclusive Edition
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    ALLYGT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington Tyne&Wear
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolmarty View Post
    Yes as long as the numbers are the same it should accept the pairing.
    Have put 4 digit number in and comes up error, apparently it needs to be the number that was supplied with the on-board literature and the card with the number is missing.
     
     

  8.  
    #6
    FAL
    FAL is offline
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    FAL's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    R53
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 41 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLYGT4 View Post
    Is there any scanners out there I could get to do this and be useful for future code reading and engaging software in the ECM such as auxiliary heater etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLYGT4 View Post
    Have put 4 digit number in and comes up error, apparently it needs to be the number that was supplied with the on-board literature and the card with the number is missing.
    If you're up for a bit of a steep learning curve, i can help you with this? Check out the diagnostics section on here, have a read through and find yourself a copy of BMW Standard Tools (or "INPA" as some call it), plus an interface (PM me if you get stuck for software). We will do it with a program called Tool Set 32...
     
     

  9.  
    #7
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ALLYGT4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 E53 3.0 Sport Exclusive Edition
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    ALLYGT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington Tyne&Wear
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FAL View Post
    If you're up for a bit of a steep learning curve, i can help you with this? Check out the diagnostics section on here, have a read through and find yourself a copy of BMW Standard Tools (or "INPA" as some call it), plus an interface (PM me if you get stuck for software). We will do it with a program called Tool Set 32...
    Thanks for that I will give it a go and with my knowledge on this it will be a steep learning curve. And do I need something like this.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1906192709...84.m1438.l2649
    Last edited by ALLYGT4; 04-01-2012 at 21:33.
     
     

  10.  
    #8
    FAL
    FAL is offline
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    FAL's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    R53
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 41 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLYGT4 View Post
    And do I need something like this.
    eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    No. I guess you want to use USB, so something like this… BMW Diagnostics interface fault code reader INPA Ediabas DIS Navcoder USB | eBay
    Three important questions to ask the seller:
    1.) Is it definitely Ediabas compatible?
    2.) Does it have double K-Lines? (sometimes referred to as KKL)
    3.) Does it use the FTDI or Prolific chipset?
     
     

  11.  
    #9
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    SlowTech's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    SlowTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    7,043
    Thanks
    3,720
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 3,107 Posts
    @ ALLYGT4 - The 4 digit passcode should also be printed on the side of the ULF module which is usually in the boot behind one of the side carpeting.

    @FAL - Interested to see how the Tool set 32 sw works, are you ok to post instruction for ALLYGT4 in this thread?
     
     

  12.  
    #10
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    ALLYGT4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    X5 E53 3.0 Sport Exclusive Edition
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring Estate
    ALLYGT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington Tyne&Wear
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTech View Post
    @ ALLYGT4 - The 4 digit passcode should also be printed on the side of the ULF module which is usually in the boot behind one of the side carpeting.

    @FAL - Interested to see how the Tool set 32 sw works, are you ok to post instruction for ALLYGT4 in this thread?
    Cheers I have just descovered that and will have a look tomorrow as it is blowing a gale here tonight.
     
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts