Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi,

I broke down last week and my battery was completely flat. Breakdown attended and checked alternator over and said it was charging fine however my battery may need replacing(baring in mind it was 8 years old) I had it replaced at 4pm on Friday and 2am on Saturday comes and my alarm goes off. Deactivated my alarm and went to start my car and the battery was dead again, from a brand new battery in the space of 10 hours!

Help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    sib8292's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    118tdi
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewsmith View Post
    Hi,

I broke down last week and my battery was completely flat. Breakdown attended and checked alternator over and said it was charging fine however my battery may need replacing(baring in mind it was 8 years old) I had it replaced at 4pm on Friday and 2am on Saturday comes and my alarm goes off. Deactivated my alarm and went to start my car and the battery was dead again, from a brand new battery in the space of 10 hours!

Help!!!
    Most common cause of current drain is the glove compartment light not switching off when closed. This can be the switch malfunctioning, or sometimes the flap being maladjusted so as not to operate the switch completely.

Take out the bulb, and see if you still get a flat battery. If not theirs the answer. If you do, you have eliminated one possibility.