316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi all,
    firstly im new to the forum so still getting to grips with it and this is my first BMW. its the e36 coupe on a 1999 reg.
    i brought the vehicle and noticed i had a headlight out (passenger) so purchased some new bulbs and fitted them drivers side was working but replaced it anyway and still worked after replacing the bulb however the passenger side still did not work and the connector on the back of the bulb was wobbling so i purchased a second hand set of headlights. fitted the headlights put the new bulbs in and again drivers side is fine but still no dipped beam on passenger side. full beams, side lights and indicators are fine all round just the dipped beam doesnt seem to want to work on the passenger side. to check it isnt a faulty headlight unit i unplugged the drivers side and connected the passenger headlight to the drivers side and all worked fine so its not the bulbs, not the headlight.. has anybody got any suggestions of what i can check im startin to think its something to do with the loom? im presuming if the relay or fuse had gone it would take out both headlights? any help is much appreciated.

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    e36318iscoupe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    unplug connector and get a multimeter and check for voltage at the connector,your looking for 12-13v ish could be a faulty earth so check that also with the meter ie find a new good earth connection near the connector and the positive in the connector,
    There's an alternative. There's always a third way, and it's not a combination of the other two ways. It's a different way

I see you've made you're decision now lets see you enforce it.

The search facility on here is your friend

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES, FOR SALE RULES, & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Dez-Derek's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e39 523i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan/Saloon
    Thanks
    Check the fuses and wires just in case. I thought each dipped beam had a fuse, and not 1 for both. Actually I think it's both. Both dipped beams have 2 fuses each. One fuse is for both, and the other fuse is for one of each. Might be fuse 11 or 12 can't remember. Check the web or manuals.

Driven by experience and pleasure