BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Anyone know where you can get multi colour angel eyes?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CruzinKatz 
#1 ·
have been looking at getting demon eyes as i think they look mean as hell!
but i would want to be able to swap them back to white when the police are about :p
found these in the usa that do a kit but are very expendsive,

BMW E36 318i 323i 325i 328i M3 headlights ANGEL EYES demon eyes halo LED DRL HID | eBay

i did think about just buying a demon eye kit and having normal sidelights and having the kit on a seperate switch?

Demon eyes bmw image by tony5050 on Photobucket

i just think they look mad!!

#2 ·
trouble is mr policeman might not be so happy to see them unless your stationary or at a show/event white lights at the front red at the back is what he will say to you no doubt i dont want to be a kill joy they are different and each to their own but i think you might be stopped a lot.
its your money and this is only my opinon.
no offense is ment:):thumbsup

#3 ·
#5 ·
Are these the ones you have on your car? the link you sent me is more expendsive than the one i posted up the top and it looks like they are the same kit.
the reason i want to be able to switch is for that reason, white when i need to be legal and red when i dont :p

#4 ·
Personally having owned a car with under car neons, lights just about everywhere, under the bonnet, in boot install etc. The police don't care what you do as long as they aren't on the road, the down side is as the guy above says, if you are caught with them in the road, go round a corner with them on, you're going to get a fine, they look dimly at taking the pi$$ with lights as they are there for a reason, we had a guy round our way get 3 points and £60 for driving with 12k HID's for being too bright and dazzling other road users...

Personally if they are for show then cool, if you are only going to use them on the road, don't bother....

#6 ·
Yep, the link that I posted is the same kit as your ebay link. Remember you have to pay additional taxes/duty when you order stuff in from the states. You can try asking the seller to label it as a gift but it may not work.

Nope, I have the "normal" Orion V2 on my car. They do not change colour.

Johann

#8 ·
I didn't fit them myself. They're a lot more involved for facelfited e46 lights as they are sealed. Mstyle did them for me.

I found an install guide for an e46 here
FastM.com (2003.5 BMW M3) - DIY Guide for 60LED Angel Eye Kit
I'm sure if you look for it, there will be one for your e36 floating about somewhere.

Hit my thanks button then :silly

Johann

Reactions: danidge
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.