Model of Car:
    X3 3.0ltr d m sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    suv

Thanks
    Hi I have had a red airbag warning light come up on my dash, I had 2 independent diagnostic checks done so far . The first just said it was the front left curtain airbag but wasn't specific, so I had a 2nd opinion and after getting the same code up the guy managed to dig a bit deeper and found that there the curtain airbag was showing as the current fault but there were 16 previous ones all airbag related one of which was an airbag ecu fault . The guy advised me to look online for a replacement but the only place I can get the correct part no. from is Bmw themselves and they are advising me to have a further test done with them ! The part no. I'm looking for is 65.77-3424581 which is for a 2006 X3 3.0ltr d M Sport , can anyone please help ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    gunslinger1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    company car
    Year of Manufacture:
    company car
    Transmission Type:
    company car
    Car Body Type:
    company car

Thanks
    why do you think they are advising for further tests, they must think there might be other issuse , just because a code reader says there is a fault with a pitcular item , does not mean its that which is at fault , there could be a broken wire to that to that air bag , or water in the connector , wire shorting to live ! . wire shorting to earth , the control unit could be faulty , the control unit connector might be faulty , so take your pick , you could buy a new air bag and still have the warning light on. or it might fix it .