323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I've have a problem with the alarm on my car this morning, basically it started beeping constantly and flashing the indicators. I tried to unlock it with the remote but it only illuinated the interior lights and didn't unlock the car or stop the alarm. I got it to stop by unlocking the car with the key and starting it.

After starting it and turning it off the key remote was locking and unlocking no problems! I had to leave it unlocked as it was 6.45am and my neighbours already have issues with my car hobby!

I've read many other threads but haven't as yet found a similar problem.

From what I can tell I have the RRC key (3 Buttons), and the national alarm (flush fit led by gearstick, siren tucked in arch in front of drivers side wheel).

To clarify again it wasn't the alarm going off as i've heard it before, and silenced it with the remote! It was just beeping loudly and flashing the indicators.

Any help would be greatly apreciated as i don't want to leave it unlocked, but being that the neighbours wrote to the council to tell them I have a buisness because i change my own oil, i cant really risk it going off in the drive

Thanks
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    threeseven's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Here's a bit of follow up for anyone having similar problems.

Later that day I tried to start the car and the battery was dead, I assumed this was due to all the beeping and flashing so charged it up.

When I refitted it the RRC still wasn't working but the central locking from the drivers door had stopped working too!

2 days later the battery was flat again, this was what had caused the alarm to start beeping! The battery was done.

New battery fitted still no CL or RRC, tried to reprogramme the RRC using the owners manual steps but no joy.

After some forum surfing I was pointed under the carpet under the pasengers seat to a foosty conector.

Cutting it off and crimping the wires together restored CL to all but the rear passengers door.

A quick meter check showed that the actuator had expired.

Another bit of forum searching suggests that if there are any faults in the system the RRC cannot be programmed.

If you do need to change an actuator ignore the haynes\bentlys! You don't have to take the window out just drop the lock in the door and pop the actuator off through the hole.

With the new (to me ) actuator in place I was able to reprogramme the RRC and everything is back to normal

3 unrelated problems manifesting at the same time to totally boggle my brain

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    carbers911's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318iS
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Good update mate, always good to see follow up info when a problem is solved