'92 E36 more-door Central Locking/Wiring Harness problems etc...

Notices

Thread: '92 E36 more-door Central Locking/Wiring Harness problems etc...

Reply to Thread
  1. '92 E36 more-door Central Locking/Wiring Harness problems etc... 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    CrabsterDrift's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316/318is Saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5 Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Right.

I've recently had a 325 engine dumped into the more door 36 and unfortunately I now have a few problems.

The wiring done by the previous owner when the 318is engine was put on, apparently, was rubbish. The wiring was all ripped apart, other things also all potentially making the car a ticking time bomb. This has all been cut out (as it couldn't be taken out normally it was that bad) and new stuff has been put in.

Unfortunately now though, there is now power at all going through to the wiring harness when the car is turned off, which leads to the central locking not working. Now the car was broken into a few months back meaning I have no key barrell on the passenger door, meaning I need the central locking to be able to open it (As the lock cannot be unlocked manually without central locking.. Just keeps springing back down?)

So the question I have.. IF I unplug the central locking from the actual lock (under door car - The plug into the lock release button or w.e its called), Would this release it allowing me to pull it up to open the door? Or the same if I take the fuse out?

Sorry my technical talk is a bit down. I'm useless with anything like this! Just do the driving/drifting lol..

Thanks a bunch,
    Callum.
    Callum Craddy
    www.trackblog.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabsterDrift View Post

So the question I have.. IF I unplug the central locking from the actual lock (under door car - The plug into the lock release button or w.e its called), Would this release it allowing me to pull it up to open the door? Or the same if I take the fuse out?
    Try that bit again, but slower!

You mean if you take off the central locking motor, would you be able to pull up a door pin?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    CrabsterDrift's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316/318is Saloon
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    5 Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Maybe a post at near enough midnight shortly after taking the painkillers wasn't a good idea.

Now i'm more awake, I'l explain what I mean as opposed to saying things which seems like i'm a complete retard. When I pull the door pin up inside the car, it just drops straight back down and the door doesn't unlock (Not the situation when central locking is working). All I wanted to know was if I unplug the central locking, will this release the lock allowing me to unlock & open the door?

It's not a hard thing to answer surely... (I'm mechanically/electrically dyslexic! Despite that not being an actual illness lol).
    Callum Craddy
    www.trackblog.co.uk

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Yea, It should do, I used to do something similar on my 325 couple with no door cards, and I could unlock it by pulling up the wire that would have been the lock pin.
    I think at the moment, you might have the doors double locked, which disconnects that pin, and also the pull handle inside (so you can't smash a window and open the door)

Try a double pull on the inner door pull and see if it unlocks on the second pull.

I'd also say take the door card off first, so you can get to the mechanics if you do cut the power, and the door locks itself and stays locked.