BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

330d e92 tail light HELP!!!

Tags
330d light tail
4K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  slevin81 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have noticed a couple of nights ago that the rear driver side tail light is now not working, the boot lid tail light is fine though.

The indicators works, as do the brake lights etc although there is nothing on the dash stating the tail light malfunction :confused !!??!!

I have done the following:

1) Changed the bulbs first - there fine

2) Had my friend who is a Mechanic to look at it and found that there is NO voltage going to pin3 which is the tail light, :confused !?!?

This has now left me a bit confused as to exactly what it could be.

Has anyone cam across this before or know of a fix, if so could you please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is an image to better illustrate the problem I am describing.

Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Car Lighting

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks for replying,

I will note that down and let him know. Can you explain to me what you are talking about in a bit more detail as to what it is and what it does as Im not very fluent in this area i.e. Footweel module and FRM.

#5 ·
*BUMP

Has anyone else got any ideas they would kindly share as im a bit stuck on this one, appreciate any input given!

#6 ·
******Update*********

Just went out to the car there too see if by the off chance it had fixed itself and for a moment i thought it did, it was on then flickered a bit then slowly sort of died out.

My question is now what does this mean???

i.e. could it be a loose connection somewhere??

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

#8 ·
Hi,

No not yet i havnt had the time to take it just yet, do you have any info regarding the frm module and codes etc?

Thanks again

#10 ·
O ryt ok, say if this is the problem would it cause the light to be intermittent like it was earlier?

Also how much would one of these cost to replace?

#11 ·
Just to let anyone interested know, the problem was the LED in the taillight were not functioning and with a simple new taillight from BMW Country Garage the problem was solved by the BMW indy mechanic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.