BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

328 Sport Coupe - Auto Close Problem

593 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dangreen 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just posted in another thread about the success I have just had getting the one touch close/open working on my electric windows. As always one problem solved another born! Obviously pleased that the original problem was solved I thought I'd test out the auto close on the window using the remote fob. So I opened the passenger window and closed the doors armed the alarm and held the button down....nothing happened, tried again...nothing. So I closed the window half way closed the door armed the alarm held the button down....bugger...the window has just fully opened. Instead of closing my passenger side window wants to open!! I am yet to carry out the work on the drivers side window. So I can't test against the other side as the window on the drivers side won't close with out dropping down...does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?

Cheers!

#3 ·
BMW factory alarm....The only thing I can think of is if I've put the case back on the motor back to front so the polarity of the magnets inside the case have been reversed therefore reversing the motor. When I get in from work tomorrow I'll turn it round and see what happens, Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.