BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2009 118i What are these battery connections for?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
There are some additional connections on top of the battery in my 118i M sport.

I would like to connect a very small powered sub to tbe battery and the connection circled in the picture seems ideal. The red wire comes out of a double connector - what do you put on the end of the wire for it to fit?

What do the other wires power and is it ok to connect here with a fused wire to the sub?

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
That small gauge red wire is most likely part of your intelligent battery sensor circuit, even though it is attached to the -ve lead. I wouldn't contemplate on putting anything as suggested by above poster as that part of the battery holds the kill switch circuit and there will be problems with the warranty if anything should go wrong. My advise to you is talk to the dealer...he may point you to junction X18261 after fuse F105 which is in the rear.

#4 ·
yes the small gauge wire is intelligent battery sensor circuit (and is connected to the +ve not the -ve) thats why i suggested to go to the main power connector on top of the battery which WILL be fine i have fitted plenty of after market stuff to many cars and never had any problems inc BMW`s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.