2008 E92 325i - Swapped SE seats for M-Sport - Help Required Please.

Notices

Thread: 2008 E92 325i - Swapped SE seats for M-Sport - Help Required Please.

Reply to Thread
  1. 2008 E92 325i - Swapped SE seats for M-Sport - Help Required Please. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    t2projects325i/E92's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manaul
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe (E92)

Thanks
    Hi there fellow forum members,

Ive just joined this group and I hope over the coming months to be able to ask and maybe even answer some of the questions and quiries posted by other members...

First off I have a few questions of my own in regards to my recent work swapping the electric SE cloth interior in my 2008 325i (e92) Coupe for a Leather M-Sport equivelent.

So this is how the story goes...

I recently purchased a beautiful Space Grey 2008 e92 SE coupe which had a standard SE Cloth (Electric Memory) interior. I had decided prior to buying the car that i would hunt for a Leather Sports interior of the same age as soon as i had completed the sale. Anyway i managed to find one locally which was in immaculate condition and last weekend i changed the whole interior succesfully, all door cards were swapped smoothly as were the seats and the standard seat adjustment controls work perfectly.

The question i have is that in the photograph below the M-Sport Leather seats have an additional rocker switch not evident on my old interior? Having previously owned and M3 with the 4-way round lumbar adjustment control I have assumed that this other switch must be something to do with the Seat side bolsters? pressumably offering width ajustment control? Am i right in thinking this?

In continuation and based upon my assumption i decided that the reason for this switch not appearing to work after i had installed the seats was probably down to a fuse not being present in the BMW fuse board within the glovebox? anyway after adding fuses to the board which related to the seat adjustment on the fuse legend card this switch still appears to not work or offer any additional adjustment to either the driver or passenger seat?

Can anybody offer me any advice on my questions? I would really like to get this switch and additional adjustment working on my car.

Thanks for your attention and any help that you maybe able to offer?!

Kindest Regards,

Tom.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mark@vorny.co.uk; 01-12-2010 at 19:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Kevin Whittaker's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E30 325iSE, E36 M3 convertible and E91 330i Msport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988, 1997 & 2008
    Transmission Type:
    Manual, Manual & Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe, Convertible & Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,020 Times in 3,812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2projects325i/E92 View Post
    Hi there fellow forum members,

Ive just joined this group and I hope over the coming months to be able to ask and maybe even answer some of the questions and quiries posted by other members...

First off I have a few questions of my own in regards to my recent work swapping the electric SE cloth interior in my 2008 325i (e92) Coupe for a Leather M-Sport equivelent.

So this is how the story goes...

I recently purchased a beautiful Space Grey 2008 e92 SE coupe which had a standard SE Cloth (Electric Memory) interior. I had decided prior to buying the car that i would hunt for a Leather Sports interior of the same age as soon as i had completed the sale. Anyway i managed to find one locally which was in immaculate condition and last weekend i changed the whole interior succesfully, all door cards were swapped smoothly as were the seats and the standard seat adjustment controls work perfectly.

The question i have is that in the photograph below the M-Sport Leather seats have an additional rocker switch not evident on my old interior? Having previously owned and M3 with the 4-way round lumbar adjustment control I have assumed that this other switch must be something to do with the Seat side bolsters? pressumably offering width ajustment control? Am i right in thinking this?

In continuation and based upon my assumption i decided that the reason for this switch not appearing to work after i had installed the seats was probably down to a fuse not being present in the BMW fuse board within the glovebox? anyway after adding fuses to the board which related to the seat adjustment on the fuse legend card this switch still appears to not work or offer any additional adjustment to either the driver or passenger seat?

Can anybody offer me any advice on my questions? I would really like to get this switch and additional adjustment working on my car.

Thanks for your attention and any help that you maybe able to offer?!

Kindest Regards,

Tom.
    I have a 2008 E91 330MSport but without the full electric package - but I have that switch and that is what it does on mine

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manaul
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe (E92)

Thanks
    So you do not have all electric adjustment seats but have that rocker switch? And it does change the width of the side bolsters?

Hmmm... I'm puzzled as i pressume that the electric loom for the seat would be correct as it previously had electric adjustment for the seat (forwards, backwards, tilt, height and back rest)? Also the yellow multi pin connector under the seat appears to be the same on both the old SE seats and the new Sports ones?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manaul
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe (E92)

Thanks
    Hi,

I have now worked out that the rocker switch is indeed the control for Backrest Width Adjustment... Now all i need to workout is why it doesnt work on my car when all the other electrical adjustment buttons do? Has anyone else experienced this???

Thanks... T.
    Attached Images

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Princer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330D M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi, I have just brought a e90 330d msport and my rocker switch for the seat width does not work, so did you ever find a solution?