2007 E92 335i, Rear Windscreen De-mister not working - Page 2

Notices

Thread: 2007 E92 335i, Rear Windscreen De-mister not working

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Keep an eye on the battery charge...mine gave up a few weeks ago with similar warnings

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    The_MC's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    UPDATE!

Everything still working but not for very long. Rear De-mister works fine, residual heater works still but yesterday i noticed the home lights were not coming on when unlocking the car.....Guess what! After a couple of minutes things turn off again.

Gonna check out the battery voltages this weekend, starting feel this could be a dodgy battery now!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    The_MC's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    One thing you can do is check the voltage in the hidden menu to see if the battery is being charged....http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...others-t71807/ . The voltage should be around 14.4 volts and when car iswitched off, it should drop to 12.2V and hold steady there. This is the range the IBS looks at.

Update!

Voltage charge with engine running is coming in between 14.5 - 14.7V. With engine off and the radio idrive on its slow drops and drops and drops to 11.9 before shutting down the car.

I assume the battery is had it's day then?

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    That's right...battery on it's last legs. Should be holding charge at around 12V+ at turn off. Alternator is working fine at 14V+ so time for a new battery. Let me know which one it is and I will recommend another without the need for coding. You will however need to have it registered to reset charge data

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    The_MC's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    That's right...battery on it's last legs. Should be holding charge at around 12V+ at turn off. Alternator is working fine at 14V+ so time for a new battery. Let me know which one it is and I will recommend another without the need for coding. You will however need to have it registered to reset charge data

Yeah thats what i thought, new battery. I called the the garage as it's still under warranty for this problem. They said i have to call them on Monday to arrange a time to take it in. What he doesn't realise yet is that they do have to be registered, i believe this is because the system as to know how to charge the battery and that if it doesn't get registered then it could over charge and reduce the life of the battery. I'll give him the good news tomorrow. He as a auto electrician who does his work for him. Will he be bale to register the battery?

The battery is currently the original OEM BMW battery.

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_MC View Post
    Yeah thats what i thought, new battery. I called the the garage as it's still under warranty for this problem. They said i have to call them on Monday to arrange a time to take it in. What he doesn't realise yet is that they do have to be registered, i believe this is because the system as to know how to charge the battery and that if it doesn't get registered then it could over charge and reduce the life of the battery. I'll give him the good news tomorrow. He as a auto electrician who does his work for him. Will he be bale to register the battery?

The battery is currently the original OEM BMW battery.
    If he has Autologic, Snap On, Bosch KTxx, or even INPA, he will be able to register the battery. Like for like battery (or near similar) won't need coding. Anything else and you will need to tell the car what Ah and if it is lead acid or AGM.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    The_MC's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Update!

After another week of the garage trying to diagnose the problem, after all the feedback i've gave them, they called yesterday and said there's nothing wrong with the car.

I disagreed immediately and in frustration told them it's not rocket science. I told them to sit in the car and turn the stereo on without the ignition and you will see the problem. The baffoons tried to tell me its normal for a battery to drop to 11.4V while the stereo is on. I said its not normal for the battery light to come on after a minute and shut the car down, so change the battery and it will be sorted.

Guess what....they changed the battery. They said it is sorted but i will post when i get it back to be sure if it solved the problem or not. Now i have to have the bum fight about the engine rattle which is in my other post.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    The_MC's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Got car back today after being overhauled due to the wastgates on the turbo's rattling...see my other post for this.

Good news is changing the battery fixed all my problems...Hooray!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    danmilton88's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic / Paddle shifts
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi
    I have been having the same problems that you had with the battery light flashing and making noises after a couple of mins with the engine off until it shuts everything down and the de mister has stopped working but all fuses and relays are fine. Would you be so helpful as to tell me if your is still okay after all this time since replacing the battery? what battery you went for and did it need any coding or registering??

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Scotty335i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    How much are new batteries in the UK, and can anyone reccomend one? i have the same issues as descibed. I have INPA although havent been able to get it to work yet so registering shouldnt be a problem i can take it to my local garage for that if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12