Model of Car:
    318d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MT
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi folks, new to the forum so apologies if this query is in the wrong place!

The rear passenger light (the small one that's fitted to the boot lid) has been giving me problems ever since I got the car. It takes notions and sometimes will not work and thus the warning indicator on the dash comes on.

I have, up until now, usually been able to "fix" this by a well positioned thump on the reflector cover , however this is now failing to work and I'm thinking that maybe it's a case of replacing the bulb.

Problem is, how do you actually manage to get at the bulb assembly as it's covered by the interior boot trim. I've tried prising the plastic stubs off but cannot seem to budge them and am wary that too much force might break them, any tips?

Secondly, providing I manage to get at the bulb assembly, what type of bulb do i need and where is the best place to get these?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reades this and is able to shed some light on something which I hope is a simple and easily fixable problem!

Regards

James.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    You need to remove the push fit plastic rivets all the way round the boot trim using a flat blade screwdriver. It is a 2 piece rivet, so prise out the centre pins first. If it's the bulb I'm thinking about instead of the reversing bulb, then it is an H21W type. Google it and you will see what I mean.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

JamesJ (08-06-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    JamesJ's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MT
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Good man Neal, thanks very much for that, I'll give it a bash and let you know how I get on.
    James.