w0z's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    The problem of the too fast flashing indicators started on one side only, but both bulbs were checked and substituted (only had one spare so had to change one at a time). I couldn't cure this and then some weeks later the problem now affects both sides. The hazards flash at the correct speed, and the side repeaters are working (but in any event I could not see how to remove them to substitute a lamp! tried pushing sliding pulling etc!)
    It isn't my car, it belongs to my father in law, so have not yet had the chance to look through the users manual as he did not have it with him when he came round but at the risk of sounding really stupid I managed to check and substitute all of the bulbs (not all at the same time) and it made no difference and also checked for poor contact to the bulbs but the contacts are OK
    I could not find the fuse box or relay panel (if there is one?).
    Any help or suggestions welcome, be gentle with me I am new to the ways of BMW, but I am not a total novice when it comes to cars, even though this particular car made me feel like one!
    It seems unlikely to be a corroded earth as the car is in really good corrosion free condition, but is there a particular earth point I should look at?
    Is it possible that several the bulbs have gone high resistance at the same time and I need to replace them all??? I can't rule it out but just find it hard to believe that the bulb sensors are so sensitive to small changes in resistance, or is there a module involved and if so where is it located? Come to that where is the fuse box or relay panel located please? It took me 15 minutes to figure out where the battery was and I wouldn't like to have to change it in a hurry! doh
    Thanks
    Warren
    P.S What is the "E number" that people quote before the car type and how do I find it for this particular car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    For the wing repeaters, you slide the lens to the left for OS, and right for NS to remove. The bulb will then twist out from the housing.

'E' numbers are described here...http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...thread-t22588/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

w0z (14-03-2011)

w0z
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    w0z's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thank you for that and whoever correctly modified the subject line (I confirm that it is a 5 door).
    Are those E numbers some sort of official BMW nomenclature?
    Am I correct in thinking that it does not actually have a flasher unit as such but uses a pre programmed module?
    Are you able to tell me where the fuses and relays/module etc. are located?

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Correct, repeaters are controlled by a coded footwell module.