530d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    touring coffin carrier

Thanks
    Hi guys,

Hope you can help with this problem I have.
    Soft close boot system stopped working after load mat got stuck in the mechanism. I have swapped the power drive on the bottom and I have replaced the latch. Gone on to check wiring fuses etc..... no clues so far has anyone got a drawing/ schmatic or any advice Im starting to think body control module has blown a componenet......

Thanks

BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers. The German magazine "Men's Car" found in a survey of 2,253 motorists aged 20 to 50 published in its inaugural May issue that male BMW drivers say they have sex on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week. Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6).

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have a look here Steven, you will find all you need.

http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/

If you need any help using it then give me a shout.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    e61steven's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    touring coffin carrier

Thanks
    Ronnie,

Thanks for that. I have actually downloaded this already But couldnt find the diagrams for the wiring I found the soft close system and how it works but that was all.

am i missing something?

cheers mate

BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers. The German magazine "Men's Car" found in a survey of 2,253 motorists aged 20 to 50 published in its inaugural May issue that male BMW drivers say they have sex on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week. Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6).

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Soft Close Automatic system

With the Soft Close Automatic system, the closing wedge is moved eccentrically. Closing the luggage compartment lid is supported by the Soft Close Automatic system after the rotary catch has closed. There is a microswitch in the lock of the luggage compartment lid; this signals that the rotary catch is closed.
    The luggage compartment lid is unlocked mechanically on activation of the Soft Close Automatic system in the open position.

The illustration shows the Soft Close Automatic drive. The eccentric pin is marked with 1. The eccentric movement of the eccentric pin opens and closes the luggage compartment lid.
    Function of the Soft Close Automatic system

The drive for the Soft Close Automatic system of the luggage compartment lid turns in one direction and it contains a microswitch that indicates when the drive has reached the open or closed position. In the closed position, the microswitch is closed. The ON period of the Soft Close Automatic system drive is limited.
    The closing and opening of the Soft Close Automatic system via the boot-lid contact is always active to support the function of the mechanical emergency actuating unit.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Go to E61. Complete Vehicle > Body > Locking and Security functions > Rear Lid > Drive, Soft Close Automatic(Touring) > Central locking bootlid/tailgate.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    e61steven's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    touring coffin carrier

Thanks
    Brilliant. There is a relay in the boot K207 think that could be the place my problem lies!!!!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    pigment's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Tiyrubg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Soft Close Automatic system

With the Soft Close Automatic system, the closing wedge is moved eccentrically. Closing the luggage compartment lid is supported by the Soft Close Automatic system after the rotary catch has closed. There is a microswitch in the lock of the luggage compartment lid; this signals that the rotary catch is closed.
    The luggage compartment lid is unlocked mechanically on activation of the Soft Close Automatic system in the open position.

The illustration shows the Soft Close Automatic drive. The eccentric pin is marked with 1. The eccentric movement of the eccentric pin opens and closes the luggage compartment lid.
    Function of the Soft Close Automatic system

The drive for the Soft Close Automatic system of the luggage compartment lid turns in one direction and it contains a microswitch that indicates when the drive has reached the open or closed position. In the closed position, the microswitch is closed. The ON period of the Soft Close Automatic system drive is limited.
    The closing and opening of the Soft Close Automatic system via the boot-lid contact is always active to support the function of the mechanical emergency actuating unit.
    Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for this post. It explained a lot for my BMW E61's tailgate soft close issue. My BMW E61 has the exactly same issue as this youtube video shows.

Can you give me some guide which part's fault cause this isse?

Best Regards