2006 E46 318ci - electrical problem - help!

Notices

Thread: 2006 E46 318ci - electrical problem - help!

Reply to Thread
  1. 2006 E46 318ci - electrical problem - help! 
    wasim931
    Hey guys,

I've got a 2006 e46 vert which I bought in December 2008 from BMW Stratstone so it's got BMW approved used warranty,

I've just got a slight question really,

Basically, the problem i'm having I think it's related to the car's electronics, when I have the wipers in the FASTEST position, they actually come on with the speed before, and when I switch to the second fastest position, it goes onto the intermedaite position but then sometime changes so all the positions are correct, secondly, occasionally the orange light which lights up the odometer, the stereo etc.. sometimes fades and then becomes brighter and my heated seat when on FULL doesnt really heat up and then gets very hot then cools then goes very hot

I think there could be something wrong with the cars electronics, i've got BMW warranty, just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Legendary BFuk Member +1
    Car Details
    gap141070's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    coul be electrics...tho regarding the wipers it could be because they are rain sensors and react too the amount off rain hitting the windscreen...this could account for the random change in settings...just a thot wasim..if your cars under warranty be careful off stratstone...i saw a thread earlier wen one of the forum wer sayin how unhelpful they wer when he returned with a problem...dont get pammed off

wasim931
    My car doesnt have rain sensors buddy, I mean maybe it's just me being incredibly picking and it's nothing to worry about, Stratstone are pretty cool with me - my wing mirror motor went out and they replaced it under the warranty and one of my alloy wheels starting to flake off so they refurb it as well under warranty for me

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Sounds like a ZKE problem. Take it in and let them read the codes.

wasim931
    Is it a big thing to fix?