2006 318CI M Sport Convertible Advice and assistance in removing the N/S mirror

Notices

Thread: 2006 318CI M Sport Convertible Advice and assistance in removing the N/S mirror

Reply to Thread
  1. 2006 318CI M Sport Convertible Advice and assistance in removing the N/S mirror 
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    StreetTriple's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    I know there are loads of threads on here about electric mirror problems and mine has been on the blink for ages.

When my car was last services they stated it was the electric motor was dead as they had tried to move it via the diagnostics and it didn't work. With the very cold weather I have noticed that the mirror heating isn't working either-so I think there might be some broken wires to the near side mirror. (All fuses are fine)

I had a look and I couldn't figure out how to get at the wiring between the glovebox and door. I'm looking for advice about how to access the wiring and also how to remove the mirror (so I can test it off the car)

Thanks
    HID Conversion, M Power numberplate surrounds, Intravee II and Alpine KCA 420i linked to iPod, De badged, clayed, and polished to perfection!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

kib
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    kib's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    if your mirror is like mine take black cover off inside car then you will see 2 or 3 nuts
    undo them then mirror should come off.wires are top corner of door card so no need
    to take all of door card off.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    StreetTriple's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    if your mirror is like mine take black cover off inside car then you will see 2 or 3 nuts
    undo them then mirror should come off.wires are top corner of door card so no need
    to take all of door card off.
    Thanks for that but I think that there is a break in the wiring between the car body and the door rather than by the mirror itself. I might strip the door card off and then have a look.

If I remove the mirror does anybody know know the wiring colour so I can wire up the mirror direct to a battery to check if the motor is working???
    HID Conversion, M Power numberplate surrounds, Intravee II and Alpine KCA 420i linked to iPod, De badged, clayed, and polished to perfection!