E46 320ci M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,156 Posts
    I have heard that this is the case, however hopefully someone here has installed a 55w xenon kit and can confirm

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    barney3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    compact

Thanks
    I only ever see the cars that go wrong but have a word of warning, the later e90/91/92/93 have a module called an Footwell module, this is responsible for turning things such as lights on and off. Recently we have had two vehicles in with aftermarket xenon kits fitted and bulb warning messages on. The footwell module permanently disables the output stage for each of the dipped beam circuits should it detect a problem for 50 consecutive instances of ignition on/ ignition off. Upshot is a new footwell module required at a cost of £300.

So I would strongly suggest anyone reading this post who is thinking of such an upgrade that they go for a kit that has been fitted and known to be problem free.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to barney3 For This Useful Post:

alpinaD3 (13-10-2009)

5. E90 Xenon 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    icks83's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi this is my first post, so hello to all, but the lights on the e46 and the e90 i have first hand experience of.

i had very little problem installing angels and xenons on my e46 so thought i'd give my friend a hand on installing some on his e90.

on my friends e90 we had, problem after problem after problem. to cut a long story short, we tried, 50/55w kits with and without cancellors. unfortunately, we don't know where, but somewhere along the line, we managed to "fry" the footwell module, which was a ridiculous sum to replace with all the coding and what not (at least we were told by the stealer-ship).

having read that there is a way to run a hid kit, we carried on searching but with great caution. we eventually found a kit that worked, from a supplier in birmingham, after again, him trying a few kits. the one that worked, has and is still working perfectly.

i don't know if i'm allowed to post contact details so will wait on someone to let me know first.

BMW Master
    Car Details
    sprout99's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    120d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barney3 View Post
    I only ever see the cars that go wrong but have a word of warning, the later e90/91/92/93 have a module called an Footwell module, this is responsible for turning things such as lights on and off. Recently we have had two vehicles in with aftermarket xenon kits fitted and bulb warning messages on. The footwell module permanently disables the output stage for each of the dipped beam circuits should it detect a problem for 50 consecutive instances of ignition on/ ignition off. Upshot is a new footwell module required at a cost of £300.

So I would strongly suggest anyone reading this post who is thinking of such an upgrade that they go for a kit that has been fitted and known to be problem free.
    mine has this and auto lights. Lights go off when door is opened even if keys are out of ignition. i have left lights on before and wondered why side lights were not illuminated. I'm guessing it's not a good idea for the E87 and E90 etc? What kits are proven on these cars with digital CANBUS?
    2005 120d M Sport
    Black Sapphire

BMW Master
    Car Details
    sprout99's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    120d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by icks83 View Post
    Hi this is my first post, so hello to all, but the lights on the e46 and the e90 i have first hand experience of.

i had very little problem installing angels and xenons on my e46 so thought i'd give my friend a hand on installing some on his e90.

on my friends e90 we had, problem after problem after problem. to cut a long story short, we tried, 50/55w kits with and without cancellors. unfortunately, we don't know where, but somewhere along the line, we managed to "fry" the footwell module, which was a ridiculous sum to replace with all the coding and what not (at least we were told by the stealer-ship).

having read that there is a way to run a hid kit, we carried on searching but with great caution. we eventually found a kit that worked, from a supplier in birmingham, after again, him trying a few kits. the one that worked, has and is still working perfectly.

i don't know if i'm allowed to post contact details so will wait on someone to let me know first.
    let me know - i'd like to know more

Thanks
    Ian
    2005 120d M Sport
    Black Sapphire

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    lexmedia's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D E90
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Anybody solved this problem? I`m interested if anyone managed to install a HID Kit without any errors and where I can buy one.

9. e46 hid light kit 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ozzie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manuel
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    hi could you please give me the details of the supplier in Birmingham were you had your hid xenon light kit from please thanks.
    Ozzie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12