Model of Car:
    525d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Turns out, the part in the photo above was for the auto release on the boot cover which is now also broken.

I've not been able to find anything on the wiring to the aerial which tells me the fault itself is quite close to the aerial itself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. 2005 E61 525d MSport - Remote Central Locking - Wiring Harness broken 
    Banned
    Car Details
    blowas's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525d m sport lci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    dealer should be footing this.......you buy used approved for this reason entirely, it is their responsibility, you have bought that car in good faith, its amazing what a raised voice can do when other potential customers are around!!! dont stand for it!!!!!

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    joylove's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    cabrio

Thanks
    For the purple connector, are the pins still intact?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...80&hg=61&fg=15

For the antenna issues, do you own a multimeter? What did you find when you checked in the area around the rubber bungs?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    beaver87's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    525d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joylove View Post
    For the purple connector, are the pins still intact?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...80&hg=61&fg=15

For the antenna issues, do you own a multimeter? What did you find when you checked in the area around the rubber bungs?
    Unfortunatly I do not own a multimeter Joylove - up until today I didn't even own a Torx screwdriver!
    I traced some cables from the fuse box up the bootlining and into interior roof lining - this is a group of about 12 wires fastened together in some type of adhesive type sheeth. All these wires appear to be intact and complete for as far as I can trace them.

As for the purple connector - the pins have broken inside the unit.

I phoned BMW customer services today too, they basically said its not on the AUC warranty as its electrics and as its pre-existing I'd have to deal direct with the dealer - pretty much as expected.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    joylove's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    cabrio

Thanks
    There is a permanent power there at the FM amp for the alarm receiver.

If the pins were ripped off you may need to replace them. You want 1.0-2.5mm MQS pins. They can be crushed into place with a pair of needle nose pliers.
    Checked supply to aerial diversity. NO supply found and found harness broken on tail gate. Need to replace wiring.
    http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/r...0e61/index.htm You will need Java and Adobe's SVG viewer. Search for N8a. The diagrams are hyperlinked and you can keep searching for that term until you find the photo and wiring diargram.
    Self-diagnosis of aerial diversity

The aerial self-diagnosis checks the diversity function and aerial connection. However, these results are not always meaningful. In this case, it is necessary to examine the field strength of the receiveable stations.
    Service mode

In the Service mode of the radio, there is the possibility to display the quality and field strength of the radio station currently being picked up (not M-ASK and CCC). The displayed values lie between 0 and 15.
    15 corresponds to very good reception
    0 corresponds to very poor reception

Proceed as follows to call up the Service mode:
    Terminal 30g ON
    Switch off the radio
    Switch on the radio again
    Within 8s for a duration of 8s, press the button for manual station-search function
    The radio switches into the Service mode
    Assessment of the reception quality in the test module

If the result of the diversity self-diagnosis is OK, the field strength of the currently received station can be displayed in the test module. If one aerial has a noticeably weaker reception than the other aerials, the vehicle must be turned by 90 degree and the measurement repeated. If there is still a violation of the tolerance range, at least one FM aerial is defective. The defective FM aerial must be checked.
    Checking AM aerial / testing Rad_on signal

In the diagnosis, the AM amplifier is inactive and therefore delivers level values with the AM amplifier switched off during an AM scan. To evaluate the AM aerial with the active amplifier, the test is concluded by switching the switching voltage from the diagnostic mode into FM1 / AM mode. With the amplifier switched on, the level values must be significantly higher than those with the amplifier switched off. If this is not the case, the Radio_on cable must be checked.
    Next you'll need a cheapo multimeter. Can you borrow one from a colleague?
    Inspect pin 1 RT/WS of X11012 for 12V as fed by fuse F59 5A.
    Inspect pins 2 (WS/BL) and 4 (BL/GE) of X11012 and make sure they are not shorted to GND. Also check they are not like 10 MOhm, suggesting a snapped cable.

Might as well check fuse F59. If it's blown, it may have saved your amplifier from assploding.
    Where

RT Red
    SW Black
    GN Green
    BR Brown
    GE Yellow
    WS White
    VI Violet
    GR Grey
    BL Blue

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joylove For This Useful Post:

beaver87 (10-07-2011)

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Vista's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E61 535D M-Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver87 View Post
    I phoned BMW customer services today too, they basically said its not on the AUC warranty as its electrics and as its pre-existing I'd have to deal direct with the dealer - pretty much as expected.
    Hmmmm, sounds like passing the buck to me. Mine was repaired by my local dealer at no cost to me (they said it was a warranty item). Neither were they the dealer that I bought the car from so they had no obligations to do me any favours at all.

Good luck getting it sorted, it looks like you have the assistance of someone knowledgeable on the subject already

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12