535d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Good afternoon

I've just purchased a 535d and am very pleased with it. A HID kit is fitted to the dipped beams, so I have to remember not to fire them up for about a minute after starting the car (due to the car testing the lights?), however the drivers side high beam does not seem to work.

I've tested the existing bulb, which is working, have replaced it anyway but the fault still exists. It appears that rather than being fused the source comes from an LCM, can anyone offer any advice? The iDrive states to go to the dealers, is this implying that the fault needs to be reset in order to correct it?

I'll have a few more questions in due course, I'll search each thing first though! Many thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    hollowman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e60 530d pre lci
    Year of Manufacture:
    approx 2006
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    If its an after market kit thats fitted then you need to buy a set of canbus controllers to eliminate the errors. This should make the car believe the original bulbs are fitted. No errors and no flickering. As for the bulb that's out it could well be the ballast that has failed

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    MisterMooLard's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hello!

Thanks for the reply, yes I've done some reading up and I need to part with about £20 to get canbus controllers, I'll do that soon as it's a bit tedious having a wait a minute before putting on the lights. The HID kit is on my low / dipped beams.

As for the failed high beam, I couldn't find a fault code listed with my friend's software, I later took out the whole headlight unit and found one of the pins in the back of it to be bent and folded right over! I removed the slight corrosion on the pins, greased up the socket and replaced, and now the high beam works. I'm really glad it's not something within the LCM.