BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 - Radio and Milometer dashboard lights stay on, key wont initialise CL

Tags
milometer
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  stolly 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Woke up this morning and looked out the window and noticed that the Radio display light (Business CD) and dashboard milometer lights were on on the car. I went down to invetsigate and realised the key wouldnt unlock the car or the boot, No sound or anything, even though I had previously locked the car with said key.

I was able to open the door with the key and heard all the other doors unlock fine. Car was able to start fine, turned off still the same problem. Whilst in the car I pressed the CL button in the center console and that appeared to work fine.

Im a bit stumped, any ideas??

(E46 320d ES)

cheers

#2 ·
So you locked the car with the fob the night before?

You unlocked with the fob, but it didn't do anything. You then unlocked with the key, did the alarm go off?

When pressing the unlock button, did the interior light come on?

Does the car still lock with the key fob?

#3 ·
Yes thats right, locked the car with the same key (remotely) the night before and all was fine. In the morning noticed the lights were on on the dash and the radio and then realised that the remote wouldnt unlock the car. Tried the spare key and that wouldnt work either.

However car will unlock/lock fine by putting the key into the door lock and that activates the central locking on all the doors and the interior light does come on. This doesnt make the alarm go off.

So basically:

Radio light constantly illuminated and continues to play cd even with key out of ignition
Dashboard lights (only the milometer section and service indicator information) remain on
Remote central locking will not work

Everything else seems fine!

Does any one have any ideas as to what is causing this??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.