Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi Guys

I have recently bought a e46 M3 ‘03

On investigation to find out why my electric folding mirrors did not work I find that the wires are not connected to the switch.

There are four pins on the switch numbered 1,2,3,4 and I have 4 wires one yellow, one green, one black and one white. Can anyone help me by telling me which wire connects to which pin?

Many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    Thanks
    i thought only the 12 pin wires were the electric folding mirrors? 6 wires are the manual arn,t they, i an sure thats correct as i was after some for my coupe, they are manual. but i can use the ten pin 1s by spicing some wires together! i got this off e46 fanatics
    direct quote-- my car is a MY2001 330ci with a 12-pin connector running my mirrors whereas I am told the MY2000 328cis and 323cis have the 6-pin connector that the E46 M3 mirrors come with. If you have a MY2000 323ci or 328ci, your job has been greatly simplified and you must now simply connect the new M3 wire harness (6-pin). If you have a 330ci do not worry, it will not be that much more difficult. Of the nine wires running to the stock 330ci mirrors, four are useless (for our purposes): blue, orange, brown, and white. The remaining wires (red, green, gray, and two black) will match up perfectly with the new M3 wires and all you have to do is expose the copper wires and simply match up the colors. Wind the two (red-red, green-green, gray-gray, and two black-black) together and use your electrical tape to mask the connection off.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    paulkemshell's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Thanks, i have read other posting similar, however on the back of my mirror switch i have 4 pins and in the door card I have 4 wires one yellow, one green, one black and one white. The only thing missing on the car was the connector that connect the wires to the switch. I have subsequently bought the connector from BMW, just not sure which wire connects to which pin

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Thanks
    The diagrams I have show more pins as mentioned above, however, one setup shown is 4 wire. The colours are blue/yellow to pin 2, blue/black to pin 3, blue/green to pin 4 and blue/white to pin 1.
    The colours are different to what you're quoting in that they all are primarily blue, however the secondary colours are the same as you mentioned.
    I can't guarantee this is correct if the colours are different, but it's your call. This arrangement is listed as for a coupe with memory mirrors.
    Last edited by gildersol; 08-09-2009 at 13:43.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gildersol For This Useful Post:

paulkemshell (11-09-2009)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    paulkemshell's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    thanks for your help, i have followed the instructions and all works as it should on the passanger side, but nothing on the drivers side, is that likly to be a switch or wiring problem?

Thanks
    Do they have the memory function? The mirror memory unit is in the drivers door somewhere. You could check that it's connected, as someone has been playing with the wiring.