Model of Car:
    330 ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertiblw

Thanks
    The drivers mirror works and adjusts with the switch in either position. The passenger mirror tilts when put in reverse, but other than that the passenger mirror will not adjust. I have removed the mirrow swich cleaned it all but to no avail. I am 90% sure it is not the swich as I know someone else who has the same problem and bought a new swict and it did not solve the problem. The mirrors are not folding ones. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I cannot believe that no one knows the answer to this! Please help
    Last edited by Ronnie; 25-11-2009 at 15:38. Reason: Surprised no one knows the answer

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    You need to get the body control module fault codes read first of all, the problem most likely lies in the drivers mirror wiring as the passenger works through this, you'll need this repair kit here, number 5, http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...37&hg=51&fg=10

Part number 67138375458

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Exactly what Ronnie said...the motor needs replacing (repair kit)

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mmm_funboy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Cd
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupé

Thanks
    Hi ali3030,

I've got exactly the same problem as you had with the mirrors. Have removed and checked the switch and seems fine...

Did you ever resolve the problem, and if so how...? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Mike k's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    sorry to bring up such an old thread, stumbled across this one when google searching my problem.

Any one got the same problem? My passenger mirror tilts in reverse but when i try adjusting it, the drivers side moves!

8. E46 Mirrors Fixed 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mjm345uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable

Thanks
    Hi all my first time writing, but as I was unable to find anyone who had resolved this issue, after looking at website after website - may find it will help someone and save a few pounds not having to go to the main stealer.

My E46 330ci wing mirrors started having a mind of their own, then stopped working, no control and wouldn't fold, but the passenger side mirror still dipped when engaging reverse and the heating elements still worked. The Memory seats were working but when they were used wouldn't adjust the mirrors.

The model I have is the Facelift 2003 / 53 Model only has a 5amp fuse in holder 57 for mirrors - no other fuses for mirrors and this car doesn't have a seperate door mirror control module in the door unlike the earlier models. Also on this model the mirrors have the ribbon cables from door to mirror.

I had removed the door cards, checked the wiring all OK. No way of checking the switch as I'm not that good with a Multimeter. Removed the driver side Mirror (O/S - UK Car) didn't seem to be any problems with the wires either. Put it all back together and had control for a minute - put the mirror glass on same thing happened (No control).

I guessed at this point must be something to do with the drivers Mirror - I'm told that the drivers mirror has some kind of control of the passenger mirror on these later models. But didn't want to start buying switches, wiring harness's etc etc which even on ebay would have cost me the best part of £200-300 including another mirror to try (Couldn't find the M Sport mirror anyway so that was out the question anyway)... and I couldn't remove the motor from the drivers mirror as when I tried the screws were rusted and grinding out - so couldn't just go for a motor change without another problem.

£400 later in the main stealers - its fixed (Drivers side door mirror motor was the cause and effects both sides) Part was £160 plus VAT rest was diagnostic and labour.... Steep but that car is immaculate and owned by me since almost new and worth it

Hope that will help someone to diagnose the same problem

M

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjm345uk For This Useful Post:

Dontgotoofast (04-10-2013),ted8903 (14-05-2013)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Antti O's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330CI Cabriolet
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi i have same kind of problem which mjm345uk wrote. I own LHD model (i live in Finland) E46 330CI Convertible facelift, 1/2004. After winter storaging left (driver side) mirror start playing. If i adjust the mirror choosing switch either left or right, it only moves the passenger side mirror all the time. I connected INPA and look codes under ZKE5 body module, and there was those:

So i took mirror apart, and i cannot found no problem with ribbon wiring which i can see. I put everyting back in place but still not working. Should i just buy new genuine wing mirror for about 200£ (Germany, genuineparts.de).. or do you have any other ideas?

Many thanks, Antti / Finland

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    pmw5's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci M Sport Convertible
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi, I have the same problem with my E46. My indi is telling me that I need to replace the Driver side Mirror and Motor which is also the master for the passenger side. Both my mirrors no longer adjust using the control knob, and the passenger side has also stopped dipping in reverse regardless of where the switch is set to adjust (I can't remember if it needs to be in the left or right position, but neither works). Indi has checked wiring, knob, and memory module and all appear fine.

Has anyone sourced and replaced this part (driver side mirror motor) themselves? Is is relatively easy to do, and any ideas where I can source the part.

I'm told by my indi the part is £190 so with labour it will be almost £400 which for a 10 year old car is a bit steep for what is only an inconvenience.

Many thanks for any advice in advance.

Pete

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    pmw5's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci M Sport Convertible
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Update: I have been in touch with the BMW Official Ebay parts shop who have advised me the part i need is: 181086145601 so I'm going to order it and try to fit it myself.

Does anyone know where I can find a guide to open up the driver door and change my wing mirror motor?

Thanks in advance.