Hi guys, I bought a set of prejector headlights with CCFL angel eyes already fitted by previous owner (owned for 6 months or so) and they are in perfect condition.
I wired up the headlights with the angel eyes via a relay and one trigger wire from the offside sidelight +ve. And they are working however, there are a few issues that I have noticed over the past week of having them.
- They take quite a long time to get brighter (flickering until they are bright enough then don't flicker at all)
- They are a lot dimmer when the engine is off and only get brighter when engine on and been running a while.
- Offside headlight, ring around main beam is always very bright, ring around dip beam is REALLY dim and today pretty much wouldn't turn on at all
- Nearside headlight, ring around main beam is average output, ring around dip beam is brighter then main beam
I was told (and can tell) that the nearside inverter was replaced just before he sent them to me. So I have some options and want some advice on what's best please?
- Buy a new inverter for offside
- Re-wire angel eyes straight into sidelights instead of my relay and trigger system
- Check all connections thoroughly
- Replace CCFL eyes as the gas is running out