2003 E46 320d MAP Sensor (FIXED)

Notices

Thread: 2003 E46 320d MAP Sensor (FIXED)

Reply to Thread
  1. 2003 E46 320d MAP Sensor (FIXED) 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    dom2599's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi, I de-flapped my 320d at the weekend and it has been running like a dog since, i have had the maifold back of today to check that all the cables are seated correctly and found that the plug that goes in to the MAP sensor, one of the three wires that go in to that plug has come out, i have pushed the wire back in, but the car still drives like a dog, the car does drive, but you have to flog it to get anywhere......my question is, can these connectors be replaired?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    beenieman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320td SE Compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I did the same thing myself this weekend - what fun! Anyway, I took the MAP sensor off accidentally by taking off its bolt thinking it was a bolt holding in the MAP sensor. Thought I'd knackered it. Anyway, I was going to get some electrical contact cleaner as the sensor seemed very dirty but it didn't need it in the end. Personally I'd get a new sensor if you think this is what it is. Or have a go prising it open - can't lose much. Sorry can't be much more help than that... Oh, What about gunk in the manifold - perhaps lumps are dropping off manifold into your cylinders - maybe some oil cleaner would help. Have you changed oil breather filter?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    dom2599's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beenieman View Post
    I did the same thing myself this weekend - what fun! Anyway, I took the MAP sensor off accidentally by taking off its bolt thinking it was a bolt holding in the MAP sensor. Thought I'd knackered it. Anyway, I was going to get some electrical contact cleaner as the sensor seemed very dirty but it didn't need it in the end. Personally I'd get a new sensor if you think this is what it is. Or have a go prising it open - can't lose much. Sorry can't be much more help than that... Oh, What about gunk in the manifold - perhaps lumps are dropping off manifold into your cylinders - maybe some oil cleaner would help. Have you changed oil breather filter?
    Hi beenieman, i'm becoming an expert at removing the manifold now, lol, it's the male part of the connector that is the issue, one of the three wire's has pulled out, the end of which looks black?? i've pushed it back in to the connector, but now change, the father in law is poping round with his multimeter to check the plug...i'm of to BMW tomorrow so i'm going to ask about the connector, although i have a horrible feeling they are premade and not supplied, if not, i'll have to break it open

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    dom2599's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I have now sorted this issue, i managed to get the little wire re-splered back on to the connector pin, car now works fine

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    beenieman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320td SE Compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    good stuff - take it performance has got better. My fuel economy is slowly going down so off to find out what that could be!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    fogmeister's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    I recently used BG 44K Power Enhancer/Engine Cleaner on my '04 320d and since then power has been down and it's running like a dog. Sounds like a MAP sensor problem. Having read the earlier post regarding gunk in the cylinders, that is also a possibility because of the BG 44K; in short, what do you do about this gunk and does a MAP sensor problem make sense?