2002 E46 330CI , new mirror wiring problems!!

Thread: 2002 E46 330CI , new mirror wiring problems!!

Reply to Thread
  1. 2002 E46 330CI , new mirror wiring problems!! 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    davyb's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330CI Clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    semi automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Reposted here as I think I posted in the wrong section before, hopefully get some help here.

Hi Guys,

I have fitted angel eyes and m3 style mirrors to my car this week. The Headlamps look great as do the mirrors. Unfortunately though the wiring in the new mirrors is different to the original ones that came off.

I spoke to the guy who sold me them before buying, who said that they would fit no problem. However there are only 6 wires on the new mirrors and there are a lot more on the originals, and the connectors are different as well.

I have managed to get them fitted fine, but the wiring has caused me some problems. I took the connectors off the old mirrors and tested what wires did what and fitted it to the new mirrors wires.

They work to some extent, when putting the car in reverse the mirror automatically adjusts downwards but has to be reset manually when moving forward.

Ive also found that there was no motor in the drivers door mirror.

What Im hoping someone can help with is if they know if there are any connectors that will do the job so the mirrors will work correctly. Also if anyone can tell me if it is possible to run a couple of wires from the passenger sidemotor to the drivers side motor to get this working as well or will they have to be wired from somewher else?

I hope this makes sense, and sorry for the waffle.

PS link to mirrors which I bought is

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Your link isn't working.

I'd suggest looking on here at the wiring diagrams section, http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/