2002 E46 320d tourer rear heated windscreen not working 320 02 diesel tourer

Notices

Thread: 2002 E46 320d tourer rear heated windscreen not working 320 02 diesel tourer

Reply to Thread
  1. 2002 E46 320d tourer rear heated windscreen not working 320 02 diesel tourer 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jazzy29's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Hi, can anyone help lease, i have a 2002 51 plate 320 tourer, problem is the rear heated windscreen doesnt work at all!!
    i have tried to read the current with volt meter but not really sure how to do it.
    when you press the rear heater button on dash you can hear the little relay (right hand side inside boot) make so the power is deffo there. ie fuse is ok.
    can anyone tell me please hot to test at screen using meter, i cant suss out the 2 small plastic conectors attatched either side to rear screen,unable to put the probes inside them as they are almost flat to the heater elemnts. dunno how to get a reading from them, please help as hate going to stealers to get ripped off!!
    thanks very much for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    mikesmith2's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    520i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Put one probe on one part of the element near the connectors the other to an earth.

If no reading try the other part of the element, if you then get a reading you know it's the screen, if not then no power from the relay to the screen.

Thanks
    Relay clicking doesn't mean you have power to the heated screen. Check fuse F68 in glove compt.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    jazzy29's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Thanks folks for advice, i have checked fuse a few days ago was sound. when i put probe (kinda force it into the flat conector on screen) i get a reading around 12 vols but when probes put into actual element for reading not a volt reading of any kind.
    would really appreciate a diag to where to pet probe on screen/element to see where i am going wrong please?????
    as i said before the 2 flat conectors attached to screen give a reading when the probes put accross the 2 of them, ie, one side the red probe, other the black.
    thanks again guys! cheers