Model of Car:
    320d se
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Hi all, as the weather is getting a bit better i put ac on in car yesterday and dont think its working , there is a slight air con smell but it is not cold at all, i think it needs re-gas but dont know where to fill the system up. i have checked all the belts at front of car when running and they are turning although i dont know where air con unit sits.
    Where does re gas top go that i can buy from halfords? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    regards
    jazzy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    jimmytait's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    I wouldn't use the halford stuff if I was you, I would get it done properly. If you get it done at a shop they will drain what is in there and pressure test the system then top up with the gas mixed with lube. There are plenty discussions on the forum about the merits of which place to use, some love/hate Kwik Fit, others use an Indy garage or mobile Air Con guys that advertise in you local area, Yell.com is a good place to start looking. KwikFit are cheap but I would hang around and watch them do it.
    The air con has two access points under the bonnet, they are alloy pipes with a red and blue plastic cap and the generally stick up on driver side if you are adamant you want to tackle this yourself.
    I would search for special offers and have a coffee while someone else does it :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmytait For This Useful Post:

jazzy29 (16-04-2010)