2002 E46 318i SE 5 dr saloon - Climate control constantly hot! - Page 2

Notices

Thread: 2002 E46 318i SE 5 dr saloon - Climate control constantly hot!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Scottlepage's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic/Steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Alright pal,

I had the same problem and found that if you roll the dials on the vents down so you can see 3 blue dots that helped me, also try putting on the A/C if you got it.

Cheers
    Scotty

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    kin_wills_2005's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    HI guys, ive got he car now and ive had a play with it. can anyone tell me wot the bloody thing is supposed to do??? cos i c ant seem to get cold air blowing??
    can anyone compare their car with mine.... right...
    when i press the windscreen button, the windscreen starts blasting hot air, and the diall on the fan goes right up...... ok. what if you want cold air to blast on the windows?? is that possible? is you turn teh temp on the lcd display down to 16 degrees, is the air blowing on the windscreen cold? cos mine isnt.
    i was driving it on the motorway today so i had time to fiddle. i was warm , so to cool me down, i thought, have the auto button on (as it always is, turn the temp right down to 16 degrees and turn the fans up a little, shouold this cool the temp inside the car down? cos mine didnt, it just kept blowing hot air. even with the air con on, and the fan on full with thje temp at 16degrees, the fans wer blowing hot air onto my feet!!!!!

the only way i can keep the car cool inside is by pressing down on the fan until the light goes out on the temp guage. then theres no air blowing at all. or a switch on teh air to blow on ur face, and turn the wheel all the way to blue.
    either way, the windscreen starts misting up, and i have to press the windsreen fan button, which blasts hot air???

wots wrong with it... HELP

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    When the car is warm put the heat down on the control panel then dive under the bonnet and have a feel of the pipes on the heater taps, they should go cooler on one side than the pipes on the other, if they don't then check the electrical plug connection to the taps, You can also turn the ignition on and have a friend operate the temp up and down and the taps should vibrate/click as the motor operates, another thing to test will be the signal at the plug, use a multimeter and check the voltage, it should change when moved from cold to hot.

Another option is to get the heater control panel fault codes read if you don't fancy doing the investigating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12