Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    mooch's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:

Hiya.. I'm in need of some advice from some of the guru's on here..

I have a 330ci Sport bmw and a few months ago my car battery went flat. Since this time, gradually all the audio equipment has been going wrong in a domino sort of effect type of way. First the cd changer stopped working, then the Sat Nav decided to join it..

I've done something constructive and sent the parts off to be looked at. I have been told the Sat Nav is not repairable. It has a 'corrupt micro Processer' what ever that means, and i need a new one.

The Cd changer has apparently got wet at some point and this has caused its failure. It can be repaired by stripping it down and doing whatever they need to do to it i suppose. I have been quoted £95 + Vat for the repair.

I have been given part numbers and am searching on ebay for suitable parts. I am finding it quite hard to find the Sat Nav part as it's quite old now. There are a lot of the MK 4 units but i'm not sure if they are compatible with mine- Main dealer says no, but i don't trust their word as they do most things by the book to protect themselves should it go wrong.

Basically id like to know if i have to replace the unit with exactly the same part number as i have had or can i get a more recent version of the Sat Nav Module. Also i would like to know if an X5 CD Changer will fit my 330 like they all claim on ebay.
    If someone could help me it would be much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type: