BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 325ci Alarm Problem !! PLEASE HELP!!

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shaun9910099 
#1 ·
Hi,

there is a problem of alarm in my car. When i use the remote key to lock the door. After a few hours or an hours, the alarm will automatically on with beep beep sound, indicator lamp also comes on flashing.

i have a Launch Diagnosis for check on the car. when i see the actual values, the bonnet switch, doors, boot lid. those all closed completely.

but it stayed a only one fault code on the DWA system, "8A DWA alarm memory:passenger-comp. sensor, front". i cleared the fault everytime. But this fault code which is happen again after the alarm suddenly on.

I am sure there is no fault on the bonnet switch and rear boot lid lock. Does anyone knows the problem? Where is the location of "Passenger-comp. sensor, front"?

Thank You.

#2 ·
You need to turn off the interior sensors and then see what happens. To do this, arm the car pressing the button on the fob once and then immediately press the button again. This will switch off the interior sensors and the clown nose will acknowledge this command by staying lit for a few seconds before going into the usual blink mode.

#7 ·
alarm not working on my M3

I have a M3 and when I set the alarm using the buttons on the key it still goes off, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after half an hour, etc.

I have read the manual, and pressed the button on the key twice like it says to de-activate the interior alarm but this still doesn't work.

So I now lock the car manually by turning the key twice as it says in the book, but today I forgot and as I returned to the car after an hour sure enough the alarm is going off!

The car is a 2006 model.

Any suggestions please.

#8 ·
I have a M3 and when I set the alarm using the buttons on the key it still goes off, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after half an hour, etc.

I have read the manual, and pressed the button on the key twice like it says to de-activate the interior alarm but this still doesn't work.

So I now lock the car manually by turning the key twice as it says in the book, but today I forgot and as I returned to the car after an hour sure enough the alarm is going off!

The car is a 2006 model.

Any suggestions please.
Bonnet switch and next time try starting your own thread :sarcastic:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.