BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2001 E46 320i - indicator problems - HELP!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ramsac 
#1 ·
Have recently bought a 2001 E46 320i saloon and have very erratic indicators!

They often flashes at double speed on both/either sides. I have replaced the front indicator bulbs and the front side lights too but this hasn't cured the problem. All the bulbs are working and this problem doesn't seem to happen when in hazard mode, on all other occasions when I indicate left or right they flash at double speed. They can sometimes return to normal and then go back to their crazy flashing.

Can someone please help with a solution to this irritation problem??

Many thanks
Ramsac:)

#2 ·
Might just be a dodgey connection on one of the bulbs? I had a loose connection on a side light for a while and it was a pain in the arse. If one bulb isnt connected it does all sorts of weird things lol. In the end i squeezed the connector to make it a tighter fit when you push the bulb in and it cured it.

The next time it does it try and wiggle the back of the connectors and see if it stops doing it. I used to just get out of the car and slap the bonnet above the headlight and that was enough to make it work again haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.