320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi
    I am new to the Forum and a recently new owner of a 320i. I love the car but want to update the headlight unit to Angel Eyes. The model I have is the first of the face lift models. As well as fitting new head light units with angel eyes I would also like to convert these to Xenons and possibly upgrade the angel eyes to super white LED.
    I have a few questions about this. I am female so do not have a lot of technical expertise.
    Somebody told me that converting the lights to Xenons may mean that the car will fail an MOT as the lights may be too high on the front and that you have to do something to the rear suspension to compensate for this. I have levelling motors on the headlights. Is this true?
    Also is converting the lights to Xenon possible with the current wiring loom? I have seen some units for sale on EBay that say they are Angel Eye projector Halo are these the units I should be looking at or have these units just been taken apart and somebody fitted Halo rings I am a bit confused by the terms used as some do not say Halo.
    Would it then be possib;e toput the super white LED rings on these once converted to Xenons or is too much for the wiring system.
    I am sorry for the long post but I do find it confusing with the vast array of different light units available.
    I was going to convert the tail lights to LED but have decided against this so you have been spared a myriad of questions about this
    I would be really grateful for any advice, guidance and tips for this that anybody can give.
    Thank you.
    Sorry should have introduced myself properly. My name is Leigh (female) and I live in Somerset.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    isle of wight's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320 td M sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    soft top
    Thanks
    Hi am in same boat with a face lift I have put HID's in mine with no problems you have to buy extra unit to stop the car telling you that a bulb has gone .
    The angel eye's are a problem with the facelift as the front of the head light does not come apart like the older model it has to be put in a oven to release the glue not some thing I want to do with mine

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    sharkey62's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do you have to bake saloon light units in the oven as I understood it was just the Coupe version that needed to be baked. If so, I dont think I fabcy doing that either

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    isle of wight's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320 td M sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    soft top
    Thanks
    Hi not sure about saloon mine is a M sport cab I know they have to go in oven to get front's off
    I have just been looking on you tube of all places and a few step by step vid's on there how to get the light's apart that don't go in oven some show how to fit the halo's it looks to be easy job to do
    I have put the HID's in mine with out any problems and 100w main beam and have had no problems with MOT if you go for the HID's make sure they are for the BMW so you don't get warning up on the dash saying bulb gone