Model of Car:
    E38 740i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi there all, after some good advice from a helpful guy on this forum I looked into a problem today with my lights coming on on their own. I have replaced the LCM from my older car and lights seem to be ok now(still no indicators work but hassard lights do) can't use the car though as apparently if i try to drive it it will affect the millage etc. Does anyone know if these LCM units can be repaired as maybe it will save me from having to get all memory backed up from LCM?

I have found some info on replacing (chips) inside the LCM BTS425L1 seems to pop up alot although on closer inspection of my LCM i can't see anything with this part number unless the face lift models with xenon like mine have a differant circit board?

I sorted the problem (I THINK), I got a vwry helpful guy to put the car on the computer and sure enough LCM fault was stored but he couldn't access it to clear. when I got home I changed the LCM from my other E38 to check it and it worked fine (didn't move the car though as an old post said that the milage etc is also stored in this unit and can put on millage tamper light if moved). Opened my LCM to check if any burnt circuts but nothing vissible, Anyway put it back in the car the next day and all fine, then got all faults cleared and all working as should so far. Sems the other LCM being plugged in might have reset something, not sure though but I'm a happy bunny.
    Last edited by Digihead; 24-01-2010 at 11:58. Reason: FIXED

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Deano16v's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    745i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto