BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 E46 323i, No fuel no spark after accident(FIXED)

11K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Krave13k 
#1 ·
so I just wrecked my 2000 323i (no full coverage so I stuck fixing it myself) and now I can't get it to start. My airbags did not deploy and by batt cable is not blown. I pretty much have to replace the whole front end but before I do that I want to make sure there is no engine damage. I stripped all the broken pieces and the frame is strait, mostly cosmetic damage (hood, left fender, headlights front bumper, rad, condenser). The only engine parts that were damaged we're the fan clutch, ps reservoir, and ps pulley which have been replaced.

The things that I have checked is fuel and spark. I'm able to crank the engine over just fine but I can't get fuel or spark. I have checked all the fuses and they check out fine. I tried checking the fuel pump relay by switching it with the horn relay and still no luck. I jumped the red wire and white/blue wire from the relay socket and the pump turns on. So there is something keeping the power from being transferred through the relay. Maybe the other thin red wire on the relay socket? Idk guys I'm totally frustrated and don't know where to go form here. Is there something that shuts off power to the ignition after an accident?

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

-Jonathan

See less See more
#2 ·
Does your car have inertia switches?

These are designed to cut the engine after an accident.
If so resetting them would be in the hand book or google it

#6 ·
Yep, but unless it is phsically damamged in the impact it would be an unlucky coincidence, perfectly possible though

#8 ·
The E46 doesn't have a inertia fuel shut off like some other cars.

It just has crash sensors under the drivers and passengers seats. But if these were at fault the airbags should have deployed.

You need to get the fault codes read for the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.