323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hi,

First post on the forums. Having done some reading around here, it sounds as though it may be possible that the vehicle was already fitted with the CC module and that it's possible to fit the MFSW with a wiring adaptor to get the cruise up and running.

The previous owner of the vehicle has fitted an M-Sport wheel with the MF buttons, but as far as I can tell without removing it hasn't wired anything in (currently the backlights on the buttons don't light up, no cruise, can't use the radio controls etc).

Does anybody know if there's an easy way to check whether the cruise module is fitted before I go any further? Have rung a couple of dealers/parts departments but they've been less than useful. I also have the installation instructions, but clearly they are only useful as and when I know that the cruise is actually fitted to the vehicle.

If it is, I believe that I only require the wiring loom for which I am told the part number is B61 12 0 016 012 - does that sound correct?

Cheers,
    Oli

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    oli581's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Updated to say:

Ordered the loom from the stealer, just over £18. Went for broke and fitted it as per the BMW instructions with the aid of a couple of online 'how-to' DIY guides.

Works perfectly! Can't believe the guy who owned it last went to the majority of the expense for me by buying the wheel and probably never realised this was possible.

For info, complete novice when it comes to stuff like this, approx 2.5 hours work. Would have been a lot quicker A) if I knew what I was doing and B) if I didn't cut through the important wire half way through the process!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    luke1925's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    hey oli581

if you already have the mfsw and the buttons then all you need is 61 12 0 016 012 part number

is that correct?